Vision & Values
• Our focus is the child.
• Our vision is to promote child-friendly sites whereby every child living on a construction site is safe, healthy, educated and has a happy childhood.
• Every human being as equal.
• An organization that runs effectively with sound systems of responsibility and accountability.
• A culture for open dialogue, the creation of consensus and accountability in implementation of programs.
Tara Mobile Creches Pune (TMCP) has paved inroads to improve the quality of life, with healthcare, education and recreation, for newborn to young children of the construction workers’ families. These children are nurtured and cared for lovingly by experienced and trained caregivers who selflessly look after them and provide them with informal education and motivate them to pursue higher education.
TMCP supports the rights of the child
Tara Mobile Creches Pune’s objectives revolve around ensuring that every child enjoys his or her basic rights. These rights have been embraced and adopted by the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
1. The right to grow up and to develop physically and spiritually in a healthy and normal way, free and with dignity.
2. The right to a name and nationality.
3. The right to special care and protection and to good food, housing and medical services.
4. The right to special care if handicapped in any way.
5. The right to love and understanding, preferably from parents and family, but from the government where these cannot help.
6. The right to go to school for free, to play, and to have an equal chance to develop to be responsible and useful.
7. The right always to be among the first to get help.
8. The right to be protected against cruel acts or exploitation.
9. The right to be taught peace, understanding, tolerance and friendship among all people.